Our History

Our Family Represent Yours

The History of Eveler & DeArment

The founder of the firm, George L. Eveler Jr., was the first in his family to attend college. He graduated from the Naval Preparatory School in Bainbridge PA, but declined an appointment to attend the U.S. Naval Academy. Instead, he chose to matriculate at Gettysburg College graduating with degrees in physics and math. He worked as a chemical engineer before deciding to study law at the University of Virginia School of Law. Upon completion his preceptorship in 1955, Attorney Eveler performed real estate title searches for other lawyers and opened his own law practice, meeting clients in the living room of his Red Lion home. Later, he joined several York lawyers to form Oleweiler, Puckett & Eveler. In January 1968, the law firm of Eveler, Puckett & Trout was created. When daughter Andrea graduated from law school in 1981, and son George III graduated in 1983, the Eveler family formed a partnership, named Eveler & Eveler. George III's wife, Kristine, joined the firm in 1988. Upon the retirement of George III in 2014, Claudia L. DeArment, Esq. joined the firm and the name was changed to Eveler & DeArment LLP.